July 22, 2014

Wicked Review: Fire With Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

Published: August 13, 2013
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
Acquired: Paperback

Lillia, Kat, and Mary had the perfect plan. Work together in secret to take down the people who wronged them. But things didn’t exactly go the way they’d hoped at the Homecoming Dance.

Not even close.

For now, it looks like they got away with it. All they have to do is move on and pick up the pieces, forget there ever was a pact. But it’s not easy, not when Reeve is still a total jerk and Rennie’s meaner than she ever was before.

And then there’s sweet little Mary…she knows there’s something seriously wrong with her. If she can’t control her anger, she’s sure that someone will get hurt even worse than Reeve was. Mary understands now that it’s not just that Reeve bullied her—it’s that he made her love him.

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, burn for a burn. A broken heart for a broken heart. The girls are up to the task. They’ll make Reeve fall in love with Lillia and then they will crush him. It’s the only way he’ll learn.

It seems once a fire is lit, the only thing you can do is let it burn...

Wow, this book was just. WOW. I started reading this when Typhoon Glenda ravaged Luzon last week since classes were suspended and I had nothing better to do that to read and this book just blew me away like Typhoon Glenda did.

The book left me hanging with Reeve involve in an accident during their homecoming celebration. Obviously, Lilia, Kat and Mary wouldn't simply get away with it. 97% of this book is pure contemporary while the other 3% is pretty confusing because it deals with the supernatural phenomenon that's been happening with Mary.

Mary is still hung up on Reeve, which pissed me off. Her POV wasn't my favorite at all. She was just Reeve, Reeve, Reeve, Reeve. I mean, ugh! She's too desperate for my taste. Kat was still Kat. Lilia caught my eye though.

Lilia was cast out of her own inner circle because Rennie is such a vindictive beotch like that. She was on the front line for the Part Two of their revenge against R&R (Renni and Reeve). Well, it's supposed to be more Reeve than Rennie.

Reeve fell for Lilia. And Lilia fell for Reeve. And then Rennie. Rennie! After all the shit she did to Kat, she comes to her, begging to forgive her. That's what I call revenge! It's a classy revenge!

But the ending! OH DEAR GOD THAT ENDING!

Jenny Han was born and raised in Richmond, Virginia. She went to college at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and she went to graduate school at the New School in New York City, where she received her MFA in Writing for Children. She lives in Brooklyn.

Send your love to Jenny Han here: Website || Twitter || Goodreads

Siobhan Vivian is the author of THE LIST, NOT THAT KIND OF GIRL, SAME DIFFERENCE, and A LITTLE FRIENDLY ADVICE. She also co-wrote BURN FOR BURN, the first novel in a planned trilogy, with her best friend JENNY HAN. She currently lives in Pittsburgh.

Send your love to Siobhan Vivian here: Goodreads || Twitter || Website

1 comment:

  1. That ending was just crazy! Makes you wanna have Ashes to Ashes ASAP. hehehe...