January 13, 2016

Hello 2016! Better Late Than Never~



What? It's still January, first month of the year. I can still do this, right? Right.

So, hello. I survived. You survived, because duh if you didn't then you wouldn't be reading this and that will suck.

Okay, brand new year. What do you do with a brand new year?

I guess, it's time to let you guys know that I'm not a planner kind of person. I don't make grand plans for my life because I know that 1) PLANS CHANGE and 2) YES PLANS CHANGE. Simple as that. I mean, if plans on going out with friends don't change, who says you're plans for the whole year won't change either? Amen? Yes? Yes.

I don't even bother with the general plans (i.e I WILL LOSE WEIGHT and etc) I mean, me? NO WAY.

But one thing's for sure, this will be an awesome year. IT WILL BE, TRUST ME. I've learned that if I keep thinking about this over and over then it'll be true. 2015 was awesome to me. I got to finish all my required units for college but I'm not graduating because the ceremony won't be until this April 2016. But I'm done with college! No more school for me! My school life is officially OVER!


Huge achievement, yes. But next to that is finding a job. That part, not easy. Real world is scary af. I mean, fresh grads like myself are basically bait in the big ocean with the big fishes. Whew~ But it's all part of life. Yup, life. Gotta experience it to live it.

2015 was good in terms of books, so good that I'm on a self-imposed book buying ban because I have a lot of books from 2015 that I haven't even read yet and I need to read them before I buy a new one. You don't believe me? Gotta see it to believe it!

But in all seriousness though, as much as I love having books, I can't keep on buying books even if I win the Powerball Jackpot (btw, the jackpot is huge and I'm not even American). I was raised to be thrifty and to value money because one day I will earn that and I will realize how fast money can disappear.


So yeah, until I finish checking out all the books I bought in 2015, then I can do it again in 2016. A lot of bookworms are stressed with a growing TBR pile and the answer is easy: SELF-IMPOSED BOOK BUYING BAN. It doesn't have to be forever! You'll save a lot of money too.

I hope 2016 is the year I can finally open my eyes to other genres of books. I feel the need to branch out, to get out of my comfort zone. I have to be up to par with other people and the only way I can do that is to, duh, read books other than what I read on a daily basis. And that says a lot already.



And this year, in say five months time, I'll be a Taylor Swift song...If you don't get the reference then you suck. But if you do then you're awesome. Oh boy, birthdays. Yaaay...no.

Goodbye for now. Let 2016 be an awesome year!



1 comment:

  1. Happy new year, Ate Anette! You turning into a Taylor Swift song sounds great. ;)

    ReplyDelete