April 29, 2014

Wicked Review: Champion by Marie Lu


Published: November 5, 2012
Publisher: Putnam Juvenille
Series: Legend #3
Acquired: Paperback





The Republic has fallen down. June is back at the good graces of the Republic as one of the Princeps-Elect while Day is assigned in a high level military position. They are working together to save the Republic from the Colonies from taking over.

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.






This is definitely a heartbreaking yet thrilling read. Heartbreaking because this is the third book of the trilogy. Thrilling because Marie Lu didn't fail to build up the tension and the adventure. I'm just so sad seeing that the series has ended.



June and Day has been a huge part of my life because for one, both characters are so wonderful and so strong. I don't see any flaw between the two. They have definitely made a mark in my life. I fell in love with the Patriots-Tess, Pascao, Baxter and the rest. They weren't really the bad guys. They wanted what Day and June wanted-United States of America as one.

And then there's Thomas...I have no words except, good job, man. Good job. Commander Jameson, as much as I hate her guts, I like her because she is such a good and believable villain.

The ending however wasn't one I expected. I was left in a stupor. This isn't a happy ending. No one died, yeah. But it's as if someone died. I can't believe it. I just can't. I...


“You drive me insane, June,” he murmurs against my hair. “You’re the scariest, most clever, bravest person I know, and sometimes I can’t catch my breath because I’m trying so hard to keep up. There will never be another like you. You realize that, don’t you? Billions of people will come and go in this world,” he says softly, “but there will never be another like you.”
I miss June and Day already. They were such great characters with great chemistry and such strong personality. I am so proud for having read and finished this series. This is such an amazing trilogy. I have no more other words except I am so proud of this trilogy.





She writes young adult novels, and has a special love for dystopian books. She was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, she was an Art Director at a video game company. She shuffles around at home and talk to myself a lot. :)

She graduated from the University of Southern California in '06 and currently live in LA, where she spends time stuck on the freeways.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review Anette, my heart exploded into a million pieces again. The feels Anette! THE FEELS!! I'm missing June and Day again :( Favorite trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Thank you for commenting! :-) I miss them too! <3

      Delete